Allison Skipper Profile:
Allison Skipper is an associate attorney at James L. Nowlin, P.C. She started out in in family law and has returned to practice family law after working in employment, personal injury, and insurance defense law. She attended Baylor University, where she obtained her Bachelor of Science in Biology with an English Minor. Before earning her Juris Doctorate at St. Mary’s University School of Law, she also obtained her Master of Science in Human Genetics at Tulane University. During law school, Allison was on the St. Mary’s Law Journal and EAP Mock Trial Team. She won numerous in-school and national moot court and mock trial awards. After she graduated, she returned to St. Mary’s University School of Law to assist in coaching the EAP Mock Trial Team.
Allison was born and raised in San Antonio, Texas. She has been married to her husband, Shaun Skipper, for ten years, and the couple has one daughter. Allison enjoys camping and going to Renaissance Fairs with her friends, spending time with her family, and playing guitar with her father.
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, Juris Doctor
- Tulane University Graduate School, New Orleans, Louisiana, Master of Science in Human Genetics
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas, Bachelor of Science in Biology, English Minor, magna cum laude
Admission to the State Bar
- Texas, 2008
Admission to the Federal Bar
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
Honors & Awards
- National Order of Barristers, May 2008
- Outstanding Mock Trial Award, May 2008
- Associate Editor of St. Mary’s Law Journal, Fall 2007 to Spring 2008
- 1st Place in the Jenkens and Gilchrist Annual First Year Moot Court Competition, Spring 2006
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society, Member, Spring 2006 to Spring 2008