A divorce settlement isn’t written in stone. Although a settlement or judgment is meant to take the immediate and long-range future into account, things change in people’s lives after divorce. The loss of a job, the failure of a key investment, or even a major health problem can result in the need to request a modification to an original settlement or judgment. Depending upon your specific circumstances, you may have a legitimate reason to change your custody arrangement, child support obligation, spousal support, or marital property settlement.

We can help you file for a modification that makes sense:

  • Child custody orders
  • Spousal support payments
  • Visitation orders
  • Geographic relocation

The divorce and family law office of James L. Nowlin, in San Antonio, Texas, is the firm to contact if you are considering requesting a change in your divorce settlement. Attorney James L. Nowlin is a Texas Board Certified Family Law Specialist who will work hard to stand up for your best interests. Mr. Nowlin has thirty years of experience helping residents of Central and South Texas get the settlement they can live with.

Grandparent visitation

Unfortunately, grandparents are often left out of the final divorce settlement or judgment. If you are the grandparent of a child who will benefit by having you in his or her life, we can help determine if you are eligible for grandparent access.